Rating: Two thumbs up!
Time in: 7:40 PM
Time out: 9:17 PM
Servers’ recommendations: Pork cheek, spicy marinated tuna, fried shrimp with sea salt, cheese hamburg
What we ordered: Fried shrimp, potato salad, simmered radish in broth, flavored rice with braised pork in a kettle with half cooked egg, fried mochi, spicy shrimp, mini cheese hamburg, custard, shiratama zenzai
Number in our party: 3 (Aki as guest critic today)
Final check amount: $61.41
Price per person: $20.47
- All the dishes were excellent. The fried shrimp, potato salad, simmered radish, flavored rice, and desserts were particularly delicious.
- Portions are pretty tiny, so you have to order a bunch of things. We actually had already had dessert and then decided to order more savory because we were still hungry.
- Always come here for dinner. Lunch doesn’t even compare!
- The music is a nice, quiet jazz.
- Jenne really likes the azuki in the shiratama zensai, and she usually does not favor red bean paste. (Guys, this was no-kidding delicious –J)
Address: 3860 Convoy St, Ste 110
Phone number: 858.279.0941
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Crowded lot with teeny spaces.
Ideal group size: 1-4. (4 would be the maximum. It’s a good idea to make a reservation if you’re coming for dinner.)
Available vegetarian options: Onigiri…maybe? If you eat fish, you’ll be fine, but if not don’t bother.
Who not to bring: Vegetarians.
Noise level: 2