Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 12:50 PM
Time out: 1:50 PM
Server’s recommendations: Shrimp har gow
What we ordered: Shrimp and spinach dumplings, shrimp har gow, beef rice noodle, steamed BBQ pork buns, baked custard buns (We ordered from the Dim Sum menu but they have a lot of other things.)
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $21.40
- The server was a very friendly and helpful “kind of adorable” older man.
- We liked the shrimp and spinach dumplings best, but everything was good.
- The bathroom was clean, but shabby.
- Small plates were about $2.75, large were $4.50.
- It has a very nice atmosphere (white tablecloths, nice patio). You could come here for a celebration, but it’s not too expensive and we didn’t feel out of place in jeans.
Address: 4698 Convoy St
Phone number: 858.650.3333
Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-11pm; Sat-Sun 9am-11pm
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Private lot shared with rest of plaza — spaces available.
Ideal group size: Any — they even have banquet space upstairs. Most of the dim sum came in multiples of 3, so keep that in mind.
Available vegetarian options: Mainly sweets; a few vegetable dishes.
Whom not to bring: People who hate Chinese food? Otherwise this would be a great place to bring almost anyone, including in-laws, children (if more or less well-behaved) or unadventurous eaters.
Noise level: 2
Chopsticks: On the table; no forks offered.