Rating: Two sideways thumbs
Time in: 6:45 PM (15-minute wait)
Time out: 7:30 PM
Server’s recommendations: #1: Chef’s special + kimchi, #4: boiled house special tofu, #22: boiled BBQ tofu
What we ordered: #4, #22
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $24.00
- Just so you know, there are TWO restaurants on Convoy called Tofu House. This one is just Tofu House. The other one is Convoy Tofu House.
- We like the formatting of the menu. Crisp clean design.
- Panchan is served at the beginning. Takuan and cucumber pickles are very nice.
- #4 has delicious shiitake, but the seafood in it is sub-par. The shrimp tastes a little like dirt.
- #22 is good, but the broth is too strong.
- The rice is very good. (We love Korean restaurant rice!)
Address: 4646 Convoy St, Ste 116
Phone number: 858.576.6433
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Private lot shared with rest of plaza — it can get a little crazy, but you can usually find a spot if you drive around a few times. But the spaces are teeny.
Ideal group size: 2-6
Noise level: 3
Chopsticks: On the table