Rating: One thumb up (Miko), one sideways thumb (Jenne)
Time in: 7:45 PM
Time out: 8:59 PM
Server’s recommendations: Combination #1 (tempura, California roll, and salmon yakizakana), teriyaki steak, nabeyaki udon, champon
What we ordered: Ginger eggplant appetizer, seafood dumplings, Combination #1 (Jenne), nabeyaki udon (Miko)
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $40.73
- The server was adorable — she actually clasped her hands with joy when we ordered her recommendations. Very enthusiastic in her recommendations.
- The nabeyaki was delicious; it was probably the best udon I’d had in San Diego.
- The broth tasted like my mother’s. Great comfort food! The only criticism I had was that the egg should be on top, not the bottom. (Miko–thumbs up)
- The rice was dry and a little hard.
- The salmon was overcooked. (Jenne–sideways thumb)
Address: 4344 Convoy St, Ste Q
Phone number: 858.565.8603
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Private lot shared with a plaza
Ideal group size: 2-8
Available vegetarian options: Veggie sushi options. With everything else, you never know if something might have bonito in it…
Noise level: 4, but only because of a rowdy party that sounded like a whole lot of fun on the other side of the restaurant.
Chopsticks: Come with the meal