Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 1:15 PM
Time out: 2:00 PM
Servers’ recommendations: Eggs benedict
What we ordered: Eggs benedict, Dutch baby with a side of bacon, coffee
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $28.55
Price per person: $14.28
- The restaurant is charming — much more so than you would expect from the outside. It looks like Grandma’s house, with flowery curtains and quaint tableware (and the silverware looks like real silver, even though it’s not).
- The bacon is nice, thick, and chewy. Jenne gives it a thumbs up. Miko actually prefers that her bacon be thinner and crispier.
- The eggs Benedict is yummy. It isn’t anything original or amazing, but it is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to find decent eggs Benedict. (Common problems include: instant hollandaise, stingy sauce portions, chemically ham/Canadian bacon, undertoasted English muffins, and unnecessary creativity with ingredients.)
- The Dutch baby is expensive for what it is ($9.50 for a small one) but there is nowhere else you can get it in San Diego! And they are delicious!
- The coffee is fine, as are the potatoes.
- For regular breakfasts like bacon and eggs, you can get pancakes instead of toast as a side!
- The portion sizes are just right.
- The service is friendly and prompt, and they are ON those water refills!
Address: 3906 Convoy St
Phone number: 858.565.1740
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Shared lot with a good number of spaces
Ideal group size: 1-4, but they could probably put tables together for more. But don’t bring a large group unless you make a reservation (not sure if they even take reservations). There will definitely be a long wait on weekend mornings even for small groups.
Available vegetarian options: Lots! Pancakes, crepes, omelettes, oatmeal, etc.
Whom not to bring: Vegans
Noise level: 3