Rating: Two sideways thumbs
Time in: 1:30 PM
Time out: 2:36 PM
Servers’ recommendations: Anything with a thumbs up on the menu. Filet mignon pho.
What we ordered: Cow Ate My Shrimp, Create Your Own Pho with Tai, Pig a Chick with Fried Egg, filet mignon pho, egg rolls, lemongrass garlic fries, 2 pomegranate limeades, 1 regular limeade, 1 Diet Coke.
Number in our party: 4 (Sarah H. and Tracie as guest critics today)
Final check amount: $62.72
- Everything was adequate, but not amazing.
- The waitress was careful to mention that the broth is more subtle than at most other pho restaurants.
- I (Miko) strongly prefer the Tai rare steak to the “filet mignon” in pho. It’s too soft and thick.
- Egg rolls are pretty delish, but not any more delish than at other places.
- Lovely selection of alcohol.
- You get free refills for fountain drinks. Very rare for pho restaurants!
Address: 3860 Convoy Street, Suite 116, 117
Phone number: 858.278.0669
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Crowded lot with teeny spaces.
Ideal group size: 1-8
Available vegetarian options: Vegetarian pho, tofu.
Noise level: 3