Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 7:19 PM
Time out: 8:54 PM
Servers’ recommendations: Bibimbap, stir-fried squid with spicy sauce, dumpling soup
What we ordered: Bibimbap with bulgogi (Miko), dumpling soup (Chelsie), hot stone pot with chicken (Jenne), shrimp fried rice (Sarah M)
Number in our party: 4 (with Chelsie and Sarah M. as guest judges)
Final check amount: $49.63
Price per person: $16.54
- The bean sprouts panchan is flavorful! (It often is the blandest of bland.) The potato panchan is chewy. Jenne likes it; I don’t.
- I liked the dol sot better (because I didn’t like all the lettuce with the bibimbap), but I prefer the beef.
- The dumpling soup is very comforting and warm. I like the strong pepper flavor, and the egg in it is perfectly cooked.
- They brought us more panchan before we even asked!
- The shrimp in the fried rice was overcooked and very chewy. It was kind of bland — the kind of fried rice that would be good for breakfast.
- Overall, an enjoyable experience.
Address: 4681 Convoy St, Ste B
Phone number: 858.277.8625
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Shared lot that’s pretty tiny, but there’s decent turnover, so you can usually squeak into a spot that someone’s pulling out of.
Ideal group size: 2-6
Available vegetarian options: Vegetable fried rice? Veggie bibimbap? They might have fish sauce in them, though.
Noise level: 2.5