Rating: One thumb down (Miko), one sideways (Jenne)
Time in: 12:49 PM
Time out: 1:45 PM
Servers’ recommendations: Mongolian beef, diced chicken with chili hot sauce, pepper-stir fried country style pork
What we ordered: Dumplings, the recommended pork dish, steamed pork buns, Chinese pancake, egg yolk pumpkin
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $40.99
Price per person: $20.50
- The Chinese pancake was flaky, doughy, and delicious!
- The pork dish was tasty and not too spicy. It was especially good if you wrapped it in pieces of Chinese pancake.
- The pumpkin tasted like it had been coated in boxed cake mix and fried. It was very strange, especially since I’d been hoping for a light tempura.
- Both of the dumpling dishes that we tried were terrible. The wrappers on both were mushy, and the meat was flavorless. The soup inside the xiaolongbao was viscous in a creepy way, and way too sweet.
- We both felt gross after the meal. I felt heavy and saturated in grease, and Jenne had a bad-food headache later that afternoon.
Address: 4344 Convoy St
Phone number: 858.279.8881
Noise level: 3
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Shared lot — one of the best on Convoy.
Ideal group size: 2+