Rating: Two sideways thumbs
Time in: 12:10 PM
Time out: 1:25 PM
Number in our party: 3
Servers’ recommendations: #12 (No English translation), #1-3 are popular
What we ordered: Barley tea, Coke, #3 spicy steam roll dumpling with pork and shrimp, #4 shao mai, #12
Final check amount: $31
Price per person: $10.33
- The server was very informative and pleasant! The restaurant was clean and bright too.
- It was fine…but the food was not amazing. Maybe we had really high expectations, since we’d heard that the LA location had Anthony Bourdain’s stamp of approval.
- We found the dumplings a bit too vegetable-heavy. You know what makes
- dumplings good? Fat. Preferably pork fat. We want dumpling filling to require minimal chewing, and these had so much of the fibrous greens in it.
- We didn’t feel satisfied and ended up getting a large order of fries at a brewery an hour and a half later.
Address: 4344 Convoy St
Phone number: 858.565.2688
Noise level: 2
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: A shared lot with a decent number of spaces!
Ideal group size: Any