Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 7:30 PM
Server’s recommendations: Twice-cooked pork with garlic shoots, casseroles, deep-fried chicken cubes, shredded pork with Szechuan peppers
What we ordered: Cold noodles, shredded pork with Szechuan peppers, deep-fried chicken cubes, sauteed baby bok choi
Number in our party: 3
Final check amount: $36.84
Price per person: $12.28
- Expect a line–we had to wait about 15 min.
- Most of the food was just okay, but the cold noodles were SO AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS that it made the trip worthwhile. When we go again, we’re just going to each get an order of that and inhale it.
- The server was very knowledgeable and had lots of recommendations. We got the feeling he had literally tried everything on the menu. And the menu is, in a word, extensive.
- It was very like Ba Ren, only the flavors were more American-friendly. Sweeter, maybe.
- The deep-fried chicken cubes were very spicy. Miko had to eat them with the baby bok choi.
Address: 4690 Convoy St, Ste 107 (Plaza del Sol)
Phone number: 858.278.1100
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Private lot shared with rest of plaza–spaces available
Ideal group size: 2-8
Available vegetarian options: There are a number of vegetable-only dishes, but make sure to ask because there can be hidden meat.
Who not to bring: People who can’t eat spicy food — there are non-spicy options, but the really good stuff is spicy.
Noise level: 3.5