Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 1:40 PM
Time out: 2:30 PM
Server’s recommendations: Dumplings, spicy noodle soup
What we ordered: Boiled dumplings, mapo tofu, spicy noodle soup
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $32.50
Price per person: $16.25
- The tofu was flavorful, delicious, and comforting. Recommended!
- The server was nice — it felt like a friend’s mom was cooking me dinner.
- The tea tasted like pancake syrup, only not sweet. But in a good way.
- Free kimchi to start.
- Good rice.
- Spicy dishes were on the milder side — they weren’t overpowering.
- The fortune cookies were very good. They were made of thicker wafers and came unwrapped on a plate. And the paper slips inside were actually fortunes, not lame-o proverbs or advice.
Address: 4690 Convoy St, Ste 105 (Plaza del Sol)
Phone number: 858.571.6837
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Private lot shared with rest of plaza — spaces available
Ideal group size: 4-6 for everyday dining, but there are party rooms available.
Available vegetarian options: They have a large “Vegetables” section in the menu, which includes Buddha’s delight, moo shu vegetables, and three mushroom tofu. But the dishes might be made with meat or fish-based broth, so we would recommend double-checking.
Noise level: 2