Rating: Two thumbs up!
Servers’ recommendations: Sandwiches
What we ordered: Turkey avocado and BLAT sandwiches (come with tea/coffee and chips for $4.99 each(!)), pumpkin soup, castella, sea salt caramel macaroon, almond meringue. Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $19.30
- It’s kind of like heaven. Peaceful, calming, and neat, where it feels like you’re being carefully taken care of. But not in an overbearing way. And it smells like delicious baking.
- A lady came in, stopped, breathed in deeply, and said, “Oh, that’s not right.”
It took about 20 minutes to get our food, so don’t come here when you’re in a hurry.
- I love the almond meringue. It’s crunchy, buttery, and light. Yum. (Miko)
Everyone is wearing cute aprons. The cashier’s said “I Bake with Love.”
- The sandwiches aren’t particularly outstanding, but the experience is calming and reassuring. If you’re stressed, bring a book and come hang out here.
- They are usually playing lovely classical music.
- Their cafe au lait is outstanding.
Address: 4176 Convoy St, Ste A & B
Phone number: 858.627.0888
Accepts credit cards? Yes, but there’s a $0.50 fee.
Parking: Private plaza with plenty of parking
Ideal group size: 1-4
Available vegetarian options: Baked goods, veggie sandwich
Noise level: 1.5
Who not to bring: Loud children, people talking on cell phones