Rating: Two thumbs up, solely due to the yakisoba
Time in: 5:39 PM
Servers’ recommendations: Miko roll, seafood yakisoba, nigiri and happy hour rolls (because they’re super-cheap!)
What we ordered: Miko roll, seafood yakisoba, avocado roll, California roll, spicy scallop roll, seared tuna nigiri, salmon nigiri
Number in our party: 3 (with Sarah M.)
Final check amount: $57.38
Price per person: $28.69
- There is apparently a Korean menu we didn’t get to see!
- The yakisoba is the best we’ve had on Convoy, and we’d come back just for that. The seafood is a little fishy to Jenne. Sarah and I found it fine.
- The salmon nigiri was decent.
- The seafood pancake was giant, expensive, and not very good.
- The edamame was cold and unsalted — double-fail. Although maybe we shouldn’t complain, since it was free.
- The rolls tasted good — lots of avocado, lots of crab, and lots of spicy! But they were so deformed! We had to laugh at how lopsided they looked.
- The seared tuna was truly terrible. It might have been blow-torched?
- There’s a longer wait than I’d like between dishes.
- The water is room temp, which we didn’t find enjoyable.
- The server and the sushi chef were very handsome.
- The server boxed up the leftovers for us, which we always appreciate.
- Walmido has a very pleasant atmosphere–it looks much nicer inside than outside.
Address: 4367 Convoy St
Phone number: 858.571.1888
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Crowded lot — hard to find spaces!
Ideal group size: 2-6
Noise level: 3
One thought on “Walmido – CLOSED”