Rating: Two thumbs up!
Time in: 12:38 PM
Time out: 12:43 PM
Owner’s recommendation: Mangosteens
What we bought: Mangosteens, papaya
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $15.31 for a bag of a dozen or so mangosteens; $10 something for a smaller pack of mangosteens and a package of Hawaiian papaya
- The family who owns the place is SO nice. They make you feel very welcome, and they shower you with samples.
- They like to tell you all about the fruit you’re getting, but you might not understand a thing they say.
- They have a lot of fruit that’s been cut up beautifully and packaged. Thank God for that; we would have no idea how to cut into a jackfruit. Have you seen how giant those things are? They look like creatures out of “Monster’s, Inc.”
- I love getting a coconut juice there and taking it to Dumpling Inn.
- This is one of the few places we know that carries mangosteens, which are apparently very difficult to import. If you’ve never had a mangosteen (and I hadn’t until Jenne bought some from this shop), you should go buy some RIGHT NOW — it is mangosteen season! They taste like strawberry Starburst in fruit form.
- They don’t have the most reliable hours — they told us that they close earlier in the winter because they’re afraid to be there after dark. Aww.
Address: 4619 Convoy St, Unit A3
Phone number: 858.268.0888
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Crowded shared lot
Ideal group size: Any
Available vegetarian options: ALL!
Noise level: 2