Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 7:15 PM
Time out: 9:00 PM
Servers’ recommendations: Steamed fish
What we ordered: Cold appetizers, steamed fish, cold noodle, stir-fried potato with green pepper, twice-cooked fish, shrimp with rice crust, mapo tofu, boiled fish fillet
Number in our party: 7 (Howie, Summer, Sarah M., Dorothy, and Mike as guest judges)
Final check amount: $123.01
Price per person: $17.57
- The steamed fish was very simple and tasty.
- Dorothy thought the mapo tofu good. Jenne found it oddly bitter.
- The green beans were quite delicious.
- Sarah M. and Miko were, unsurprisingly, all about the rice crust. Our obsession with rice knows no bounds.
- We wished the potato dish had been crunchier.
- We approve of the twice-cooked fish!
- The cold noodles were also nice.
- Fu An Garden is on par with Dede’s — it might be a little less oily, in fact.
- Our favorites:
- Jenne: cold noodles
- Miko: rice crust
- Dorothy: mapo tofu
- Howie: cold noodles
- Mike: twice-cooked fish
- Sarah M.: rice crust
- Summer: cold noodles
- Note: I (Miko) revisited, and the shrimp tasted strongly of dirt. I’ll probably avoid the shrimp dishes from now on.
Address: 4768 Convoy St
Phone number: 858.650.6999
Noise level: 4
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Designated parking lot. It’s fairly small, but there’s also street parking available.
Ideal group size: Any
Available vegetarian options: Many!