Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 1:22 PM
Time out: 2:36 PM
Servers’ recommendations: Jin’s Pot (sour), Crossing Bridge Rice Noodle
What we ordered: Jin’s Pot (sour)
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $21.59
Price per person: $10.80
- We didn’t recognize a lot of items on the menu.
- It’s VERY quiet. There’s not even music!
- The luncheon meat in the hotpot was delish. Like firm slices of Spam. Yum.
- Jenne liked the broth a lot. I (Miko) wasn’t crazy about it. It has a slight bitter note.
- Fried pork in stew! That is interesting and unexpected.
- The mystery meat pot reminds me a bit of our experience at Gorilla, but without the pounding music.
- The staff is very nice. They have a Brita filter for their water jug, which is a nice, thoughtful detail.
- The boiled peanuts are tasty.
- The little details are very cute — the coasters, glasses, trivets.
Address: 4609 Convoy St B109
Phone number: 858.717.1286
Noise level: 0.5
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Shared lot — decent number of spaces.
Ideal group size: Any
Vegetarian options: Looks like many!
Whom not to bring: Unadventurous eaters. I mean, we have no idea what we just ate.