Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 4:25 PM
Time out: 4:44 PM
Servers’ recommendations: The Special (Frrrozen Hot Chocolate), Sweet & Salty, Strawberry Shortcake, Cookie Monster
What we ordered: Frrrozen Hot Chocolate (chocolate snow, dark chocolate bits, fresh strawberries, housemade whipped cream), Old School (Milk snow, slow-cooked red bean, grass jelly, condensed milk). We asked for half-orders, but they were giant!
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $8.06 + 0.15 for extra condensed milk, added later
Price per person: $4.11
- It’s definitely the best snow we’ve had, although we only have two other locations to compare it to.
- Jenne: I really liked the chocolate snow — it was rich, creamy, and really chocolatey. The whipped cream is good too, not too sweet. I was not a huge fan of the Old School.
- Miko: I liked my Old School, but next time, I would get an extra layer of condensed milk in the middle. The red bean is quite good. Tastes homemade.
- The design is really cute and simple.
- The music is at the perfect level! This never happens in trendy restaurants!
- The server at the counter was a lovely person.
- We’re coming back to try the Sweet & Salty!
Address: 4609 Convoy St Ste B
Phone number: 858.216.1111
Noise level: 2
Accepts credit cards? Yes
Parking: Shared lot — decent number of spaces at this time.
Ideal group size: Any.
2 thoughts on “Iceskimo”
Snow cream spots, as well as shaved ice eateries, are starting to pop up everywhere! Thanks for sharing info about this one. I'll keep it in mind for my next trip down that way. Found your blog on the Writing American Food Facebook page, by the way.
Thanks! I recommend the chocolate one. 🙂